July 30, 2014SummerFest Video Highlights
Tri Rivers Junior Girls second baseman Kimmy Rorick (left) and first baseman Sydney DePauw celebrated as they ran off the field after Rorick made a spectacular catch on a line drive against Rockford in the semi-finals of the State Finals softball tournament Saturday at Cooperation Park. (Additional photos can be seen in this week's Straitsland Resorter and on the Straitsland Resorter Facebook page.)
Cloe Mallory slides into third after tripling to drive in the first run for the Tri Rivers Junior girls softball team in Saturday's State Semi-final game. Unfortunately, that was the only run Tri Rivers was able to score in a 3-1 loss. (Additional photos in this week's Straitsland Resorter and on Straitsland Resorter Facebook page.)
Getting groundwater out of the way has been an issue for contractors building a sewer system in Indian River. This collection ditch was put in near the west side of Club Road, but has been filled in. On Wednesday morning, water was flowing alongside the western shoulder of the road.
Stories in this week's Resorter
- Everything ready for 2014 Cheboygan County Fair
- Indian River Lumbar Yard closing
- No candidates file for four Wolverine School Board openings
- Police investigating break-ins at Eagles Club and Pet Resort
- Inland Lakes hires two new coaches, rehires several others
- Local girls softball team makes run to State semi-finals
- Support voiced for school bond proposal
- Get correct information on bond proposal
- Chatfield is the better candidate
- Peggy L. Edmondson
- Otis Jackson Jr.