Dec. 5, 2014
A little angel and Mrs. Claus assisted Santa Claus at the Indian River Christmas celebration this past week. (Additional photos in the Dec. 4 edition of the Straitsland Resorter)"What do I want for Christmas, you ask. Well, where do I begin?" This boy was among the many who had a great time talking with Santa Claus at the Indian River Christmas celebration on the Friday following Thanksgiving. (Additional photos in the Dec. 4 edition of the Straitsland Resorter)
Soup is good food, especially on a cold winter night. This lady was among hundreds who enjoyed free soup courtesy of Indian River area restaurants at the Indian River Christmas celebration. (Additional photos in the Dec. 4 edition of the Straitsland Resorter.)
Going over the taller defender from Pickford wasn't really an option, so Alli Furst of the Inland Lakes varsity girls basketball team went around on her way to the basket. Inland Lakes opened their season with a 64-20 loss to Pickford on Tuesday, Dec. 2
Stories in this week's Resorter
- Property owners see higher taxes on winter tax bills.
- Flowers and Schramm named to All State football team.
- Township board to review policy on FOIA requests.
- Trio of traffic accidents on same night keep deputies busy.
- Girls cross country team earns Academic All State honors.
- Deer season violations keep DNR officers busy.
- Christmas in Indian River was a wonderful event
- Volunteers make towns look nice for Christmas
- Christ is the first and best part of Christmas
- What Tuscarora Township Board says doesn't match what it does
- Fruitcake - A much maligned holiday tradtion
- Finding answers hidden in the corners of your mind
- Ervin L. Dukatz
- Katherine M. Sarow
- Deborah J. Keyser Loeffler