Nov. 26, 2014
Tuscarora Township firemen used the Jaws of Life to extract a 53-year-old woman from a car that was involved in a four-vehicle accident on S. Straits Hwy. in front of the Indian River Chamber of Commerce building Monday afternoon. The woman was not seriously injured despite the severe damage to the rear end of the car. (Story and additional photos in the Nov. 27 edition of the Straitsland Resorter.)
Santa Claus will be in Indian River on Friday, Nov. 28 for the Indian River Christmas celebration. The Indian River Chamber of Commerce's annual Christmas Craft Fair will also take place on Friday at the Inland Lakes school. (Additonal information in Nov. 27 edition of Straitsland Resorter.)
Stories in this week's Resorter
- Four-vehicle accident in downtown Indian River entraps one person.
- Township board ousts member of road end committee.
- State Park moves closer to joining sewer system.
- School buys computers and hires new teacher.
- Girls cross country team earns Academic All State honors.
- Deer season violations keep DNR officers busy.
- DDA should cooperate with business owners
- Hot oil evolves from weapon to French fries.
- Gerald L. Woods
- Robert D. (Bob) Studaker