Feb. 20, 2014
Paula Bushinski of Indian River set a new world record for holding a plank position Thursday, staying in a plank for 2 hours, 20 minutes and 15 seconds. The previous record was 2 hours, 12 minutes. Bushinski set the record at XCel Physical Therapy. (A video clip appears below. Story and additional photos will be in the Feb. 26 issue of the Straitsland Resorter.)"
If you look at the pattern of the smoke in front of this Tuscarora Township fireman, it almost looks like he's going face-to-face with a fire at a trailer on Nabanois Street Tuesday. (Story and additional photo in the Feb. 19 Straitsland Resorter)
Pastor Bob Moody of Indian River recently released a new book titled Loaded For Bear. the book is a collection of 40 short inspirational writings.(Story and photo in the Feb. 19 Straitsland Resorter)
Keep an eye on these two. They're planning something. Katie Byrne and Cloe Mallory think through their next moves as they prepare for an inbounds play against Onaway. (Story and additional photos in the Feb. 19 Straitsland Resorter)
Video ClipsJacob Brendly hits winning shot vs. Onaway, crowd goes wild Paula Bushinski finishes setting a new world record for holding a plank position Tuesday, Feb. 17 trailer fire on Nabanois Street IL Hoops dish and basket
Stories in this week's Resorter
- New medical clinic building proposed in downtown Indian River.
- New Executive Director hired at Indian River Chamber.
- Cheboygan school voters to vote on $9.4 million bond proposal.
- Mullett Township revising special assessment lighting district.
- DDA still unsure whether or not to do safety study.
- Police warn of new phone scam in area.
- Bulldog girls basketball team avenges earlier season loss by beating Onaway.
- "Blue Out" planned for Friday night boys' basketball game.
- Frostbite Savings time makes cold days more tolerable
- Edward C. Muller