Jan. 23, 2014
School board members (standing from left) Susan Hitts, Jill Feagan and Gina Burke took the oath of office and were sworn in for new terms at Monday evening's Inland Lakes School Board meeting. There was talk of having them swim the Indian River to make the initiation complete, but that's not officially required so they'll be passing on that. (See related school board stories in Jan. 22 edition of the Straitsland Resorter)Ian Clancy of the Inland Lakes boys varsity basketball team drives to the basket against Pellston in an 83-38 win. (Additional photos and story appear in the Jan. 22 edition of the Straitsland Resorter.)
Stories in this week's Resorter
- New Emmet County ambulance leads to change for Cheboygan ambulance system.
- Students will be taking different assessment and college entrance tests.
- Snowmobiler killed in weekend accident north of Indian River.
- Fishermen rescued after falling through hole while fishing on Black Lake.
- Girls basketball team beats Mancelona 58-12.
- Bulldog boys' basketball team beats Pellston 83-38.
- Schedule of this weekend's Indian River WinterFest activities.
- Black Lake preparing for sturgeon fishing and Shivaree Festival.
- SANE drug enforcement makes two methamphetamine arrests.
- Don't let a freezer give you the cold shoulder.
- Dr. Theron H. Grover
- Rose Marie Suchy